Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bella is still stumped


For Sharon who asked about working on the marks for go-outs. Here is Bella working on the mark, first very close - I give the signal and click her for looking at the pole. Then move a step back. Then a bit farther. Then I make a big jump to the far end of the ring to see if she can mark from way back there. And nope, of course not! I was lumping. But I do want her to start to put the two together.




Then I did a go-out on a short length of the ring. I read somewhere that your dog understands go-outs when you can do go-outs to all 4 sides, so we're starting to work on all 4 sides. And. . . it's obvious that she thinks a go-out is to a specific pole, not across the ring. I didn't film that side, but I did the next side - another short length. Then she thinks she'll just head to the chair with her dinner on it. She'd rather have dinner than do go-outs after all! And this video shows that not all our training sessions are wonderful. Some have more wrong than right!




And for a gratuitous Zane sighting, look at him go on 8 poles! I didn't think he was going to collect for that entrance, but he did. Good boy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment